Who are we?
Beta Climbing Designs is a UK based climbing equipment company that specializes in remote clipping devices for sport climbing and industrial application.
- Established in 2002 and owned by climbers
- Made in Sheffield - We support UK manufacturing and design
- Our staff are friendly, customer focused and - most importantly - climbers!
- Beta Climbing Designs products sold in climbing store throughout the world
"When I started Beta Climbing Designs the BetaStick was our first design project and we launched the product into the UK climbing market in 2002"
Simon Berry | Founder and Director
Where did Beta Climbing Designs come from?
When Simon Berry and Ian Barnes started Beta Climbing Designs the BetaStick was their first design project and they launched the product into the UK climbing market in 2002, having enlisted the design help from long term friend and climbing partner, Tony Whitehouse.
Many people felt they were crazy at this time to develop such a niche climbing product – however the concept of BetaStick was born more from necessity than commercial reason. At the time Simon Berry was recovering from a serious climbing accident, the need to not smash up his body again was his main concern. Having already taken a ground fall off a sports route before the first bolt and breaking his ankle, he wasn’t prepared to take the risk again!
From these small beginnings, we have continually improved BetaStick products to become the market leader worldwide in remote stick clipping products.
Our commitment to research and development of remote clipping represents a small but significant addition to the climbing equipment market
Beta Climbing Designs always tries its hardest to meet our customers’ expectations – we greatly value your support and feedback.
- Market leaders in remote clipping
- BetaStick is made and designed in Sheffield, UK
- Producing remote clipping devices since 2002
- A company run by climbers, for climbers